Teen & Tweens Dental Healthcare Notes
Though your preteen and teenager will still receive care from their pediatric dentist, essentially their basic dental health needs are similar to adults. They (and you!) should:
- Maintain a healthy diet rich in fruits and veggies, and low in sweetened foods and drinks.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Limit between-meal snacks — especially those high in sugar.
- Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste that has the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance.
- Floss at least once daily.
- Get regular dental checkups and cleanings.
And be sure your kids know that if those pearly whites are to last a lifetime they’re not to be used as ice crushers, fork tine straighteners, and potato chip bag openers. Now, smile and say cheese!